LOL (or Laugh Out Loud) is the most abused abbreviation on the internet. But what does it mean? Usually one of these:
- Laugh out loud, or laughing out loud.
- By some: Lots of laughs.
- Also used when something is not funny, but you pity the person anyway.
- "Ah shit!!!1 I don't know anytin else to say, cos I is a n00b!!1!"
- Lots of love
- Dutch word meaning 'fun'
- Welsh word meaning 'fucking around'/being rowdy'
- Love our Lord
- Loads of Laughter (see below)
- I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this conversation
Be careful to use the special formatting rules for the verb to LOL.
- I LOL
- you (sg.) LOL
- he/there are no females on the internet/it LOLs
- we LOL
- you (pl.) LOL
- they LOL
The past tense is of LOL is, naturally LOL'd, it is the same in all persons and number.