|Efficient Mine Clearance but RSPCA declares a Fatwah on British Army|
- Somewhere where miners dig and extract coal, metal or even diamonds. Disadvantage of requiring miners (militant & bolshie). Once popular in Wales, Scotland and Yorkshire but not anymore.
- A nasty, indiscriminate weapon which is hidden at sea and explodes when triggered by opposing forces, proximity, or magnetism. I'm sure the cunning huns had something to do with developing them.
- A nasty, indiscriminate weapon which is hidden and explodes when triggered by opposing forces [or you]. May be anti-personnel (small bang) or anti-vehicle (feck off bang). Some anti-personnel mines (cunning hun ones for example) pop up into the air before exploding.
- Blackadder on Mines:
- George: If we should happen to tread on a mine, what do we do?
- Blackadder: Well, normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.
- Used to gain entrance to a fortified position ie castle if you have moved to siege operations after having given up trying to get over the walls. The intention is to burrow under the walls then either
- - fire supports causing the wall to collapse
- - blow the crap out of it thus making a breach.
- Also known as a sap. The defence against such an attack is know as a counter-mine.
- Belonging to me (so there!)