- (Noun) Metal spike. Sharp at one end, a flattened disc attached at right angles to the shaft of the spike at the other. Can be used to attach 2 pieces of wood together when kinetic energy (usually using the squaddies favourite tool - the hammer) is applied to the flattened disc forcing the sharp end through the wood.
- (Adjective) To be Nails. A measure of hardness and toughness. A vital component of all Special Forces and Elite troops. You may think you are hard but unless you are willing to ...
- Strap your ass to the outside of an Apache helicopter to go rescue a mate OR
- Attach fishing line and hook under your foreskin for survival training OR
- Storm an embassy of a foreign power currently full of terrorists OR
- Get shot twice in a firefight with the taliban, tie yourself to the front of your vehicle between the bull bars and radiator in case you pass out from loss of blood then pick up your gat and resume firing at the enemy during a two-hour fighting withdrawal
- ... you aren't nails!
- (Noun) Shiny smooth ends to your fingers and toes.