"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- CS Lewis
Guaranteed, whatever you do, say, or think will offend someone - especially (and usually) Muslims. It's all rather odd really with the Liabour government bringing in legislation where anything perceived as racist is automatically RACIST! ... the paradoxes are seemingly endless, e.g.
- The British Red Cross ban Christmas cards from their charity shops, so as not to offend... you've guessed it.
- Its offensive and a sackable offence if you offer to pray (in a christian manner) for someone's good health.
- Wearing a cross is offensive yet preaching hatred of christians/jews isnt!
- The Dear Leader invades Iraq and offends just about everyone - especially... you know who.
- Reason this country is going tits up.
- Reason why you cant call a wo... a spade a spade.
- Reason why competitiveness is baaaaad - and no children are ever allowed to fail... right up until they find out the real world isn't like that!
- Reason why museums hide weapons or hang notices in front of them saying weapons are bad and we should all be nice to each other!
- Reason why no ethnic minority, muslim, lesbian, gay or jew is ever guilty of anything. (unless the Israelis are giving the Palestinians a beasting again when its obviously the jews fault according to the BBC at least)
- Reason why no-one can celebrate christmas in this country anymore for fear of offending the Muslims.
It's All About Context
The reality is that political correctness is an assumption that everyone is too stupid to understand the context in which potentially offensive behaviour takes place. The words nigger, cunt and yid, for example, can be vile and degrading insults in some instances, but terms of affection or respect in others. In the real world, a gang-banger from Watts or the South Bronx would be happy for one of his friends to call him 'nigger' but would be likely to reach for his MAC-10 or Glock if Nick Griffin used the same epithet; in the kray-zee wild world of political correctness, anyone using the 'N', 'C' or 'Y' words would be immediately branded as an untouchable.