Soldiers Sailors Airmen and Families Association
Provide support for the serving men and women in today’s Armed Forces and for those who have served - even if it was only for a single day. Also care for the needs of their families and dependants.
Last year alone, professional staff and trained volunteers gave assistance to more than 50,000 people.
Do you or someone you know need help?
You and your immediate dependants are eligible for help if:
- You are currently serving
- You have served one paid day’s service in any of our Armed Forces
- You have completed one year’s service in the Reserve Forces, or one day’s service on operations
- You served one paid day in the Mercantile Marine including the Korea, Suez, Falklands and Gulf operations
- You have completed one year’s service in the Association’s Nursing and Welfare Service
- As a UK citizen, you have received one day’s pay whilst stationed overseas as part of the Armed Forces and for a period ending no more than six months after your return to the UK
If you think that you’re not eligible for help, you can still call. SSAFA are happy to advise you and can give you guidance on who else you could approach.