User talk:Bad CO
Hi Bad Boss - just thought you might like a funky talk page!
I can't follow basic instructions...
I am no longer Wiki shy, getting the hang of it and I promise I will stop posting, very soon! Nice work lads, never realised the Wiki was this interesting :-) a
The only problem is that it is incredibly addictive! -- Bad CO 00:08, 2 May 2006 (BST)
Once you pop you can't stop! Can you help with posting images please? a 02:58, 2 May 2006 (GMT +2)
BCO - can you wave your magic wand and let me into my own User page? It needs a substantial overhaul plus I'm using my 'Talk' page for all sorts of chicanery instead! Cheers! Darth_DoctrinusTalk & Contribs 11:42, 3 May 2006 (BST)
Thanks for your message about my rape entry being offensive. (Unlike the other non-offensive material on here and in the forums). I will remove this entry asap. Sorry for offence caused, I had no idea that you were sensitive and easily offended, I will contribute more thoughtfully in future.
Will do Bad CO, just as soon as i figure out how to do it...
Cheers! Looks very snazzy. Now why didn't I think of that?!
- No problems, main thing is to keep everyone learning I guess! -- Bad CO 12:22, 7 May 2006 (BST)
- Can you delete this please: Bad linking?
Mangonel 19:39, 12 May 2006 (BST)
Cheers for sorting out my infobox. I was trying to be clever with the rename, but failed. Must remember to walk before running --Oneshot 14:45, 19 May 2006 (BST)
That repair seems to have worked for the most part.
Dextrose's Gordons page, for instance, shows as advertised.
The Salisbury page in, "Places and Postings," still shows the photographs I put there as links.
Might it be, to coin a phrase, a "size problem"?
Mangonel 09:33, 21 September 2006 (BST)
Thank you, BCO
Mangonel 13:03, 22 September 2006 (BST)
Would it be an idea to create a template for awards & decorations or is this be too complex an idea, is there some other way to sort them into a category and link them?? JB 18:31, 06 April 2007 (BST)
- Sorry for diving onto your page, BCO...JB, do you mean military decorations and awards, or their ARRSE counterparts? DarthDoctr 23:59, 11 June 2007 (BST)
- Darth, I meant for military decorations and awards, combined with general Hounours, I was thinking of something like the template for ranks that is used, but I'm not sure if that would be too complicated, a bit like this:
- Honours: CBE, OBE, Royal Victorian Order,
- Gallantry Awards: Victoria Cross, George Cross, Military Medal,
- Operational Awards: South Atlantic Medal, Gulf Medal, Telic Medal, Afghanistan Medal,
The templates Template:TOC1, Template:TOC2 and Template:CompactTOC2 are corrupted with the Font bug that is hitting the wiki at the moment. I can't remember if the corrupted bit is supposed to read 0 - 1 normally, if so I can correct it, but wouldn't like to dive in and bugger up someone's hard work. -- Junior Bod 01:59, 29 June 2007 (BST)
- Cheers mate. Those aren't actually bugs but rather due to use changing the database collation to UTF-8. Don't worry if you don't understand what that means but basically it changes some of the characters. We did the same thing on the main site. Short term pain but long term gain. In the meantime I've changed the TOC templates - have a look at their history to see what I did -- Bad CO 12:27, 28 June 2007 (BST)
With the influx of spamming bots and the annoyance thereof, might it be wise to implement a CAPTCHA system? Not only does it prevent bots from registering, but it's a contrived acronym. If thats not awesome, then maybe I should try and get laid. --JpanzerJ 15:49, 3 May 2011 (UTC)