Yeovil is a town in the county of Somerset in the South West of England. Famous people from/born/living in Yeovil include:
- T S Eliot - famous poet, overall winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature and buried in nearby East Coker.
- Sir Ian Botham - cricketer.
- Wompingwillow - random ARRSE member.
- Sir William Dampier - 17th Century English explorer, the first man to circumnavigate the world twice, and to map Australia. Born in nearby East Coker.
- Trevor Peacock currently lives in the area. Most famous for his role as Jim Trott in The Vicar of Dibley.
Just outside Yeovil is HMS Heron or RNAS Yeovilton, which is home to the Lynx helicopters and the Royal Navy Commando Helicopter force. It is home to around 1700 service and 2000 civilian personnel.
Along with this Naval base it is also home to the Fleet Air Arm Museum. The Museum has the largest collection of naval aircraft anywhere in Europe and is well worth a visit.